Sunday, March 8, 2009

Update

We finally were able to celebrate Gavin's B- day with Scott.Scott got back into town on the 5th of March and we actually headed straight to the Dr. from the airport.He had been feeling very sick and asked me to get him an appt. which is so unlike him. I knew something must be wrong.Turns out that after an X-ray his left lung was full of fluid and his right was starting in the same direction.He has pneumonia. They gave him shots two days in a row and started him on heavy antibiotics.The dr. ordered him 10 days bed rest.This is impossible for scott.My goal has been to keep him indoors.He is doing remarkably well on day 4.We have had some rough nights but finally got some sleep last night.If it was me I would be such a baby...but he has done awesome!!It has been hard for me to see him go through this but I feel so blessed that he is on an uphill recovery.Gavin got to celebrate twice...the Saturday before when my parents were in town and the Saturday after when Scott was feeling up to it!

2 comments:

Deena Taylor said...

Happy Happy Birthday again to Gavin!! Hurray for more cake and that one looks mighty good. Did you have a piece? Don't lie now...(: I can't believe Scott was so sick. Just reading that post again made me feel like we should have come out to help you guys somehow. Get Better!!! We love you guys mucho.

Gretchen said...

Poor Scott! That stinks. I hope he feels better soon!