Sunday, April 25, 2010

Half Marathon and Fun Run!








I have wanted to do a half marathon for a while now, and when I heard that Thanksgiving point was putting one on literally a couple blocks away I took it as a sign and signed up. I was a little nervous before the Big day because I had not ever done more than 9 miles. I was pleasantly surprised that I finished. Not only that...but it wasn't bad at all. It made me want to do a Marathon. Gretchen already told me she was in so this is going to happen! It was the perfect day for running and most of it was on the golf course trails and through the tulip festival so it was Beautiful!! I am hooked! Thank you Meredith for the encouragement to just do it!
Natalia did the kids fun run through the farm at Thanksgiving Point, she was so cute...she was confused at first so I just went with her. When we started I told her that we could stop and walk if we needed(being exhausted myself) And she told me that was not an option...she was going to run the whole way.Go Nat Go!!!Scott was on top of it and got some pics. Thanks BABE!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Chandi! That is so awesome! Way to go Girl. You are amazing.

Eames Family said...

O i am so jelous! let me know all your tricks i plan on running one in August, im so nervous! Way to go! You guys look so good.

a-hyde said...

way to go!! 1/2 marathons are the best...we should do one together! Nat looks so grown up in those pics too.

Jessica said...

Wow. impressed! Congrats to both of you!

Anne Woods said...

great job. you look awesome! we have to pick your guys brains this summer. Sam is so excited to do a tri with Scott!!